Apply before: 6/12/2020
Position type: Fixed Term (2 years) - Part time (0.5 FTE)
Location: Hobart, TAS
Hobart Pathology is a subsidiary of Sonic Healthcare with a reputation as a quality pathology service provider, focusing on professional excellence, reliability and excellent customer service.
About The Role:
- Performance of specimen reception and accessioning duties within the histology/cytology department
- Processing, embedding and microtomy of tissue specimens
- Routine and special staining of slides including immunochemistry
- Allocation of slides to pathologists
- Maintenance and cleaning of equipment and machines
- Administrative duties
- The contract is for 37.5 hrs per fortnight for a 2 year period.
- A degree in Medical Laboratory Science or a science degree with subjects relevant to the field of pathology, or an overseas qualification which has been assessed by AIMS as being equivalent. A histopathology major is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an efficient, professional manner both independently and co-operatively with others
- Proven ability to act independently within established guidelines, demonstrating initiative, flexibility and sound judgement
- High level of computer literacy
- Previous Histology experience will be considered an advantage
- You must be able to live and work in Australia for the duration of the contract (31.12.2022)
Please submit both:
a) A cover letter addressing the above criteria, and b) A current resume via SEEK.
For Further Information:
For further information please contact Susie Green, Head of Department, Histology/Cytology on (03) 62371231 or Pip Rose, Human Resources Manager at Pip.Rose@dspl.com.au.
Applications close: 6 December, 2020